Arriving at the best remediation solution
Over his years at BAE Systems Environmental Peter Mayell has designed and implemented remediation schemes for projects totalling well over £30 million in value. In arriving at these solutions, his over-riding focus has been on the objectives of the client. These are usually:
- to have a site suitable for its next use (with confirmation of such by the regulatory authorities)
- to achieve this prior to the expected date by which detailed redevelopment planning/ reserved matters and Section 106 agreement will be achieved.
- to minimise any future development groundwork costs
- to minimise or fix the risk costs in achieving the above
- to achieve the above for minimum cost
To do this, he has very often steered projects away from complex solutions, and achieved the objectives through lower cost earthworks and risk management solutions.
In his role at BAE Systems, Peter worked as part of the team divesting BAE’s surplus land, and gained great insight into the land owner’s priorities and the land sale and purchase and redevelopment planning processes.
In hiring InteGen to produce costed remediation plans, option studies or strategies, our clients can be sure of output which meets their commercial objectives and does not stop at technology recommendations and generic budget estimates.
InteGen also provides a low cost route for clients’ to ‘sanity check’ remediation proposals which seem unduly expensive, gaining the insight of one of the UK’s most practical and experienced remediation project managers.